Friday, August 16, 2013

Anniversary Trip Day 14 August 16

Today is our last full day of vacation. We woke up in Port Orchard and that is probably the best night of sleep I've had the whole vacation. Not sure if its due to the early wake up at 4:30 am yesterday or the bed. Even Jose commented on how well I slept! We skipped the hotel provided breakfast and went to a local pancake place. There we had our last big splurge breakfast of the trip: 
I loved all out leisurely meals this trip! I've had some of the best food I've ever eaten out and about. 

We checked out and headed to our final hotel and night of the trip in Renton, WA. I absolutely loved all the gorgeous blue skies and lush green forests on our drives in Washington. This photo was one I captured on our drive to Renton and just shows the beauty along the highway. This is SO different from our freeways in Southern California! 

After arriving in Renton we ate a delicious chicken teriyaki lunch at a local place: 
we had some time to kill prior to being able to check in so Jose suggested he get a haircut at a nearby salon. I got my eyebrows waxed (one less thing to do next week before school begins). 

The weather is gorgeous here: 
We decided just to hang out in the hotel watching TV and reading. Neither one of us felt like driving out and going sight seeing. That may seem weird to some of you but we rarely just hang out and read or watch TV together at home. Also, once we return I'll be back to teacher mode so we really wanted to just relax together this last day of vacation. 

Neither one of us was very hungry for dinner. We decided on picking up Wendy's and bringing it back to the hotel. I tried the chicken apple pecan salad and really loved it. I'm going to try and recreate it at home for school lunches. As a final treat, we brought back the little 99 cents Frosty cups. Yum! 

What a fabulous trip! I am so grateful to God for everything we've seen and done. 

Good night! Flight home is at 6:30 tomorrow morning!
 

No comments: