As much as we loved our trip, it is so nice to be home with the boys. Both Matt and Michael leave this week for college. All
of us were home for dinner and we had a simple dinner of Subway out on the patio. Michael even treated for half of it. It was good to share with them about our trip and hear their plans for the coming weeks.
Matthew had mentioned to me that while we were gone he had looked at his scrapbooks I made over the years. He said he really enjoyed them and he was glad that I had made them. This comment really touched my heart.
Michael reposted a photo of Jose and I from our trip on his Instagram. I loved his comments and hashtags:
His sweet comment meant a lot to me too!
I went back to church today after a few weeks away. We had a guest speaker who shared his testimony. I was very touched by it and cried throughout his message. We will be starting up our Wednesday night bible studies next month. I'm really looking forward to this one on Daniel by Beth Moore.
I went grocery shopping and stocked up on lots of healthy food. Part of my fall
Intentions is to get back to eating healthier meals and clean eats. I cooked dinner tonight...pan seared tilapia (a recipe from allrecipes.com) and a big pan of stirfried squash, red onions, bell pepper, carrots and a good amount of garlic in olive oil. For my vegetarian and vegan son, I grilled portobello mushrooms.
It was a really good weekend and this is probably my last laid back Sunday night for weeks. School starts on August 28th and next weekend my Sunday night will be focused on prepping for the first week of school.
How was your weekend?

No comments:
Post a Comment