Arriving home from work today, I was in a pretty good mood. I immediately noticed a large box sitting on the couch for me. The return address was from my kidney recipient. I had not expected to receive a package from her. I was so excited and anxious to see what lay within the box.
This gorgeous "Civil War" quilt was nestled inside the bright green tissue paper. A letter was also there thanking me for the gift of life. I cannot even begin to imagine or estimate how many hours went into creating this incredible quilt for me. She calls it a lap quilt but it is big enough to cover me for a nap.
I will cherish this quilt just as much as I cherish the afghan my mother crocheted for me 30 years ago.
What an incredible gift. So unexpected. So lovely. So heartfelt. Me...I'm so blessed.
This section is sewn into a corner on the back. I didn't even notice it was in the shape of a kidney until my dear friend, Trish, commented on it on my Facebook photo. How very special, down to the final detail!
I will cherish this quilt just as much as I cherish the afghan my mother crocheted for me 30 years ago.
What an incredible gift. So unexpected. So lovely. So heartfelt. Me...I'm so blessed.
3 comments:
oh my gosh, I'm practically in tears. What an amazing gift you gave her! I'm sure the beautiful guilt she made you does not express, in no way, shape or form, the amount of thanks she would like to give you for her gift.
Wouldn't it be wonderful to be so talented at sewing to make such a quilt? Wow!
What a wonderful gift Maria!! But the gift you gave her...wow!! Hey, you're doing better than me with the blogging. I can't seem to get that part together lately. And I like your hair, it looks good!! Thanks again for the sweet card. I was feeling a bit down on Monday and when I opened the mailbox there was your card. :-)
Oh wow, it's beautiful and I know you will cherish it! But I know that she feels she could make you a quilt a week and never come close to repaying you for the gift of life you've given her :) Glad she's doing well, and you too! Your sister too, right? Such wonderful blessings, all around :) God is SO good!
Post a Comment