Saturday, March 5, 2011

Slice of Life Day 5

Today found me enjoying a leisurely lunch with two of my favorite sister-in-laws, Maria and Margarita. We were celebrating Maria's birthday at San Antonio Winery in Los Angeles. Very interesting how the menu is presented. As you enter the restaurant, there are three round tables with the day's choices. Each item is on its own plate, complete with side dish. The first table had breakfast/brunch items, the second had hot entrees like pasta dishes, steak, and fish, and the final table had sandwiches. The restaurant is set up cafeteria style and you can choose your dessert as you slide your tray down the line. The worker puts a big sign on your tray reflecting your entree choice. You choose your drink (or bottle of wine, in our case) and pay at the end of the counter. Once seated, your entree is brought to you. The restaurant looks like you're in a wine cellar or something similar to that. Lots of pretty white lights too. A saxophone player provided great jazz music in the background. Loved the experience and the time together catching up. On the way out we went through the shop and I picked up six bottles of wine to bring home. We'll enjoy a couple of them and I'll give a few as gifts. I appreciate the chance to enjoy such a meal and day out with two special ladies.

2 comments:

Bree said...

I want to go! Sounds like fun. Thanks for inviting me to your blog. I feel honored.

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

I have never heard of a restaurant setup like that, very interesting :) Sounds like a fun time, and so glad you got to go and enjoy time with your friends :)