- Robert, a former student, and his family took me out to dinner at a buffet restaurant tonight. They were very excited about the evening and I enjoyed every moment of it. Robert was in my class last year. He's moved up to middle school this year. He was such a gentleman opening the doors for me. He was quite the conversationalist, asking how I enjoyed teaching fifth grade, how my family was, and other cute questions. Loved my time with his family!
- I stayed working in my classroom until 5:30 tonight. Felt like I got some things accomplished. Organized a lot of paperwork. I could easily have worked a few more hours. I was in a groove but it was time to leave for the above dinner plans.
- My students are participating in the Slice of Life challenge with me. They love it, especially when it is time to share. Today, since I had my laptop with me, I played some Latin jazz (no lyrics) during writing time. They were thrilled. I think for some of them it was the best part of the day!
- I haven't started a new book since I finished my other short books on Feb. 27th. I keep meaning to pick up my library book, The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest, and get started. I've spent way too much time online this week. If I don't get busy reading, I'll never meet my goal of 66 books this year!
- I'm getting used to my short haircut. I received several comments on it today, a couple from the boys in my classroom who really liked it. It makes me feel fun and sassy!
It's time for me to have my little corner of the web. This blog is an inkling of my random thoughts, memories, worries, and joys. It's just a small part of what makes up the whole me. And it will be constantly changing because it is me...at this moment.
Friday, March 4, 2011
Five on Friday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
My hair is super short too and that is exactly how I describe it - fun and sassy. Oh yeah I used to live in Southern California too. Long Beach and La Jolla. Hated it. Sorry. Have you checked out Vasilly's blog? She's from S. CA too.
Post a Comment