Friday, March 4, 2011

Slice of Life Day 4

Friday, it’s about time you show up! It’s been a very long and busy week. Assessment planning, lesson planning, and trying to motivate struggling math students are on my mind. It seems like I can stay at work till at least 6 or 7 p.m. each night and not be done. Then I take my big bag of work home, slinging it over my shoulder on my way out the door. Why do I even bother to take it with me? I don’t do any of the work when I get home.


I really need to motivate myself to stay longer and work harder. I am getting further and further behind in grading and organizing my resources. My desk is a mess. Things are piling up and I feel frustrated with myself. I lack self discipline. I lack motivation to stay late. I need to enforce more structure with myself. I need to stop procrastinating!

But today is Friday. So I’ll stay a couple of hours after the students go home and get some work done. I’ll plan for Monday, at least. Figure out what the game plan is for the whole week if I’m feeling really motivated. Then I’ll go home and enjoy my weekend, that big brown Powell’s tote bag filled to the brim with things to do.

No comments: