It's time for me to have my little corner of the web. This blog is an inkling of my random thoughts, memories, worries, and joys. It's just a small part of what makes up the whole me. And it will be constantly changing because it is me...at this moment.
Thursday, March 3, 2011
Slice of Life Day 3
After two and a half months, I finally made an appointment with Vicki, my dear friend and hairdresser. I bought the L'Oreal bottle of hair dye, #9RB...light reddish blonde. This is the lightest hair color I've gone with. Usually I stick with a reddish brown but it was time for a change. I asked Vicki not to cut it much, just to shape it as I wanted to grow it a bit longer. She dyed it and started cutting. With my glasses off while she snipped away, I could sort of make out that she was cutting quite a bit on the left side. She hadn't touched the right side yet. "Uhhh, aren't you going a bit short?" "Oh no, what am I thinking?" she shrieked. I wasn't too happy but what could be done now? Not like you could glue it back on again. She cut the rest and it was definitely shorter than I had wanted. The blonde color doesn't do anything for me either, it really washes out my face. I'm not much for wearing makeup but will definitely have to make an effort to bring my face out. Vicki wanted to give me a "free haircut" but I just didn't feel right. We're good friends and she spent over an hour dying and cutting it for me. I reassured her it's only hair and it will grow again. I'm not upset or freaked out about it at all. It still looks cute and the grey that was there when I arrived at her home is gone. Overall, that's what is important to me and I'm excited to have a new color and cute cut for a few weeks again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment