We're getting used to dinner with only one or two of the boys at the table. Some nights it is just the two of us, Jose and I. Last night, Joe came home from a friend's home to eat with us since Jose was making potato salad. While I miss the interaction of all three sons at our table, it is nice to be able to focus on one boy at a time during dinner. But soon he left with his cousin, Ben, and Ben's girlfriend, Hannah.
Afterwards, Jose and I climbed up into our big bed. We watched the movie The Kids Are All Right on DVD from Netflix. As we watched, we held hands and chatted during some parts. The house was empty of our three sons. Joe out with Ben and Hannah, Michael performing in the school play, and Matthew watching said play with his girlfriend, Rocio. The emptiness is not so foreign anymore on weekend nights. One day it will be a constant thing. For now, though, I know it is only temporary and my three sons will be home before the morning dawns.
No comments:
Post a Comment