Sunday, March 27, 2011

Slice of Life Day 27

I woke up out of sorts at 4:30 a.m., still reeling from my vivid nightmare. In my dream, I was put into a jail type situation (more like a locked in hospital, not jail cells). I was in trouble for something to do with donating my kidney in December. No one told me this was going to happen and I didn't warn my principal that I would be out of the classroom for the two weeks of my sentence. Not only that, I hadn't prepared for a sub! Once in the locked down situation, I was given scrubs to wear and told that I could not come out of my room. I was informed that I would only eat a couple of things while there since I was diabetic and needed to be monitored (I am NOT diabetic, at least not yet). I was feeling very frustrated, cut off from my family. My level of anxiety kept increasing in my dream, to the point that it woke me up. Awake, I questioned what might have prompted this nightmare. I attributed it to having finished reading Sold by Patricia McCormick right before falling asleep. The novel is the story of a young girl sold into prostitution in India and held against her will in a brothel. Now that I think about it, my nightmare could have been much worse!

No comments: