Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Slice of Life Day 23


photo taken from google images

The rain held off until the students had left campus. Two hours later, it began. The steady beat of the raindrops on my classroom windows kept me company as I prepared sub plans and tidied up my classroom for tomorrow's sub. While I was certainly warm and dry, I felt uncomfortable there. I longed to be home in my comfy clothes curled up with a mug of coffee or tea and a good book. On rainy days, my favorite place to be is at home. Better yet if all my sons and husband are safely tucked in our home too.

Once home, I deliberated if I should go out in the rain to tonight's bible study. I had missed last week for my son's award dinner at school. I'd hate to miss another week. I thought of the huge gym where we meet for bible study...the noise, the people, the short drive in the rain, the need for an umbrella and a quick dash for dry covering. I wondered how much I could truly concentrate if I didn't really want to be away from home.

I, of course, chose to stay home. I did go out again to pick up Michael from his play rehearsal but then came home and put on my pajamas. I did take some quiet time for peaceful reflection on God's many blessings. And I felt peaceful about my decision.

No comments: