Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Slice of Life Day 22

After work tonight, I made a quick trip to our local library. I had four books on hold. Never having a shortage of books I own waiting for me at home, I continue to put books on hold through our library system. New titles I read about on amazon or other blogs or goodreads. I definitely have a problem.

I rarely browse the shelves at our library. Almost always, I use the convenience of the online system and request books. The librarians are kind enough to pull them for me and put them on the hold shelf. Our library recently upgraded to a self-checkout option that makes getting my books quite easy. So I rush in, grab my books, use the self checkout, and leave without ever interacting with an employee. Efficient yet strange.

The brief time at the library brings me joy. I now have four new books at my fingertips. Which one to read first?

No comments: