Monday, March 21, 2011

Slice of Life Day 21

I woke to a dark, gloomy sky and the sounds of pouring rain and strong winds. What a Monday, I thought. It's hard enough to get motivated to jump out of bed on a Monday and get going to work. All I wanted to do was crawl under the covers and go back to sleep. The idea of sleeping in and then relaxing with a cup of coffee and some good books really appealed to me. But then there would be sub plans to organize and a drive in to school to organize the classroom for the sub. 

Better to get out of bed and get going with the day. Rainy day schedule is a rough one for teachers. Students tend to get riled up when they have recess indoors. My classroom has big windows and looks out on the common area of the school so there is lots to see as other students/classes run through puddles and negotiate their way to the cafeteria in the downpour. I find myself fighting for their attention on days such as today. I often lose that battle.

No comments: