Sunday, March 20, 2011

Slice of Life Day 20

Today was a day filled with great blessings and much joy. A fabulous message by Pastor Terry on using your talents and gifts for God. A delicous stormy day to stay home all afternoon and evening to cuddle in bed and read good books. But probably the best part of the day that was just sheer JOY was the thirty minutes I held a five month old baby boy in the church's nursery this morning. I switched from working with two year olds to the infant section of the nursery. I have been anticipating today's time since I requested the switch four weeks ago. Baby Moses was sound asleep when he was handed over to me by a volunteer who was done with her shift. He slept for a good 30 minutes until his mother came to get him. I cannot adequately put into words the happiness of holding his compact little body in my arms as he slept. I could have sat there like that for a few more hours. What a gift to have that feeling. While I know that the time without children to enjoy the church service is a blessing for the parents, I feel as if I was blessed more by caring for him and holding him today. I can't wait for next month!

No comments: