- Today we had the pleasure of hosting Gail Carson Levine, author of Ella Enchanted and many other popular titles, at our elementary school. Our public library hosts an author for local schools each year. Levine was so entertaining when she spoke about her writing process and answered the students' questions. I was also fortunate enough to attend a luncheon with her and many students. She spoke of some of her favorite authors and I plan to check out some of their books from the library.
- One of my struggling students, Genesis, scored 100% on her science test this week. She is a huge lover of cupcakes and her mom took her to Sprinkles to celebrate Thursday evening. Genesis told me she was going to bring me a cupcake today. Well, she brought me 6 delicious cupcakes! I didn't even take a photo. I ate 1 3/4 of them and shared the rest with the family and my girlfriend, Frances. They were incredibly delicious!
- Another highlight of the day was having an early dinner with my friend, Frances. She taught with me for two years and now is in a middle school position. I miss her. We dined at Outback and caught up. She recently got a Kindle and I brought mine to "train" her on hers. I'm sure we looked like a couple of nerds but I really don't care. We had fun and that's all that matters.
- Looking forward to the weekend and doing some things around the house. Tomorrow I'll go to Target and Pier One with my best friend, Tina. I'm looking for some pretty lamps for our bedroom makeover.
- I started an interesting book, Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese. This was a Kindle book gift from my friend, Christine. So far it is very interesting. I'm especially grateful for the dictionary feature on my Kindle with this book.
It's time for me to have my little corner of the web. This blog is an inkling of my random thoughts, memories, worries, and joys. It's just a small part of what makes up the whole me. And it will be constantly changing because it is me...at this moment.
Friday, February 4, 2011
Five on Friday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment