Well, I only managed to read four books but some of them were rather hefty!
The Shadow of the Wind was a birthday gift from my sister-in-law, Maria. It was somewhat difficult to get started on the book as it takes place in Barcelona in the mid 1900s. However, the overall premise of the book was fascinating. It's translated from Spanish and was a New York Times' bestseller. I recommend it!
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo...I finally read this book that's been sitting around since last spring. My co-worker, Nellie, lent it to me. Jose read it this summer while we were in Hawaii. I figured it was time to get to it since so many people have raved about it. It was definitely a gripping story once you get past the first 100 pages or so. However, I had been warned the beginning was tedious to plow through so I perserved. Glad I did. I was pleasantly surprised to find out what happened to Harriet Vanger. Didn't see that coming at all.
Reshaping It All: Motivation for Physical and Spiritual Fitness...this was a Kindle "lend" from my online friend, Jessica Chapman. It is definitely an interesting read by the woman who played D.J. Tanner on Full House. Lots to think about and incorporate in my life.
The Girl Who Played with Fire is the second book in the Millenium Trilogy. I also had this book in mass market paperback from my friend, Nellie. However, the thickness of the book made it difficult to read easily, so I splurged and paid the $5.00 to download it on my Kindle. Officially, I finished it on February 1st, but I read the bulk of it in January so I'm counting it here. I think I liked the first book better but this one was also a riveting read. The violence is hard to stomach. I've already requested the final book in the trilogy from the library. It's $9.99 for the Kindle download and I just don't want it that badly!
What was YOUR favorite read of January?
No comments:
Post a Comment