This month I was able to read SEVEN books, mainly due to being on medical leave all month. Also, a few of the books were rather short.
Girl, Stolen by April Henry...this is a YA novel but was very intriguing. I really enjoyed the storyline and the theme of redemption.
Promise Me by Richard Paul Evans...this is a Christmas story. A beautiful read that made me research and put a hold on some of Mr. Evans other titles. He is also very active in posting to his Facebook fan page. Read it, you won't be sorry. It's a quick read too.
Caught by Harlan Coben...Coben is one of my favorite mystery/thriller/suspense authors. I'd actually brought this home from the library for Jose but he told me he'd read it already. I figured it was a good change from the last two books I had read. Of course, it sucked me in and surprised me with the "whodunit". Coben does NOT disappoint!
The Christmas List by Richard Paul Evans...another great holiday read.
The Judge Who Stole Christmas...this was a free book download on my Kindle. I enjoyed it for a quick read but glad I didn't buy it.
Unwrapping Christmas by Lori Copeland...another free Kindle download. A good message on keeping balance in your life. Sure, it's good to be involved in ministry and serving others, but not at the expense of your own family having unmet needs. Lots to think about. A quick read.
Think of a Number by John Verdon...this was a Kindle gift book from my dear friend, Christine, as a "recovery gift" from my kidney donation. Wow, this was a suspenseful read. I didn't figure out "whodunit" and loved the whole concept of the book. I highly recommend it.
What was the best book you read this month?
No comments:
Post a Comment