Thursday, December 9, 2010

This Day in December

Outside my window...the sun is shining and it’s 49 degrees


I am thinking...that paid sick days are such a blessing!

I am wondering...how this Christmas will be different due to recent surgery for kidney donation

I am thankful for...my sister’s successful kidney transplant and my successful kidney donation

In the bedroom...are piles of books, magazines, scrapbooking supplies, and my knitting projects

In the kitchen...are leftover brownies from Jenny V. and lots of K-cup choices for hot drinks

I am wearing...my black nightgown and mint green bathrobe

I am creating...lists of shopping to do and thank you notes to write

I am going...to take a shower today (first one since surgery on Monday)

I am reading...Girl, Stolen and my bible and devotional

I am hoping...I don’t catch a cold (my nose is running this morning)

I am hearing...the sounds of Matthew preparing for school

Around the house...are Christmas decorations, clean laundry, and schoolbooks

I am praying...that my sister’s kidney does not reject

One of my favorite things...is the tenderness and love shown to me by my boys after returning home from the hospital and surgery

A few plans for this week...read, sleep, get stronger, write lists, knit, and catch up on Christmas movies from the DVR.

A picture for thought... this is my sister (on the right) and I. This Christmas she is especially close to my heart because of the incredible journey we've traveled together for her kidney transplant and my kidney donation.



2 comments:

Trish said...

I have goosebumps reading this, Maria. You and Kathleen are both blessed this Christmas season. Love you!

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas Maria!! I hope you have the best of days! How are you feeling and how is your sister doing? Merry Christmas to you and your family!!