It's time for me to have my little corner of the web. This blog is an inkling of my random thoughts, memories, worries, and joys. It's just a small part of what makes up the whole me. And it will be constantly changing because it is me...at this moment.
Thursday, October 21, 2010
Sometimes you have to...
just DO IT! I've been making very poor eating choices overall (lacking portion control and eating too many sweets) and exercising inconsistently. Today even though I had a nonfat pumpkin spice latte and very fattening pumpkin scone from Starbucks at work, I did not let the day be a total loss. I forced myself to get out and do the Week 2 of C25K podcast which begins with a 5 minute warm up walk, then intervals of 90 seconds running and 2 minutes brisk walking for about 25 minutes. I didn't think I could do it since I have not been consistently running/walking three times a week as the program recommends to build up endurance and distance on running. However, I told myself to try it and I made it!!! When I wanted to give up, I told myself to go a bit farther and do it for my mom (who lost her right leg to the horrible disease of diabetes). I survived despite some huffing and puffing. And now I need to push myself to do it again on Saturday morning...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment