Friday, October 22, 2010

Five on Friday

1. It's been a very long and busy week at work again. Getting all 83 notices out to students in our GATE program, planning the program with the principal, organizing for parent conferences, plus the day to day work with teaching and preparing lessons. I've been less stressed about it too. I know this is because I have several people praying for me about work.

2. When I left work at 5:15 tonight (with much left to do but too tired to do it), I decided to go to Target for a few things, namely body wash and my current favorite cereal, Raisin Bran Crunch. I left there $100 later, with lots of food items, Halloween cards for my granddaughter, niece, nephew, and neighbor child and my BFF. Also bought some "encouragement cards" to send out next week. I love Target!

3. Jose and I are watching season 4 of Dexter on Netflix. I cannot explain how I am so addicted to watching a gruesome show about a seriel killer. It's probably because I also used to love to read true crime novels. I still remember reading Helter Skelter when I was in high school. Most of it has to do with the psychological side of such criminals. John Lithgow is the "bad guy" in Season 4 and he is just plain scary!

4. I'm starting to think about Christmas shopping and Christmas gifts. Also about Christmas baking. I usually make a ton (not much of an exaggeration) of Christmas cookies and give them away to about 10 families and friends, plus what I make for our own family. This year I am thinking of really paring down on giving away cookies and gift shopping. I want to make a list soon and start writing down ideas.

5.  I still haven't gone on a hike yet even though I bought a great book of hiking trails in my area. I want to do it soon. I'll have to plan it for November. The weather has finally cooled off. It's time to get moving!

No comments: