Thursday, September 24, 2009

It's The Little Things

that make a heart sing. Today was a very challenging day at work. The a/c wasn't working, the temp. outside was over 100 degrees, inside it was close to 80. The a/c fan was running non-stop, pushing out warm, muggy air. The kids were not happy, I was frustrated trying to teach despite the lack of cool air. Behavior problems were frequent. Not a good day!

I came home in a bad mood and cried. My husband listened, made me dinner, and sent me off to yoga to unwind. After yoga, I went to Target to buy some chocolate for my teaching team as a "thank you" for all their support as I transition from 3rd grade to 5th grade. I got home from my Target "therapy" just in time to put on my nightgown and prepare to watch the season opener of Grey's Anatomy. That's when I saw the bag of peanut M&Ms on my pillow. While I was out, Jose had gone to the nearby gas station and picked it up for me as a treat. I was so touched. And grateful to God that this man was the one God chose for me.

It really is the little things. I don't need diamonds or grand gestures. It's the acknowledgement that he knows what cheers me up, he went out of his way to do it, and he'll support me through the ups and downs of life.

No comments: