Monday, September 7, 2009

I Miss Blogging

Admittedly, I have been quite lazy blogging the last few months. I always think about blogging something and then never get around to doing so. But I love having my blog and looking back to certain times in the last two years to remember little details and joys. So I am going to try and be a better blogger. I know I have very few readers (or commenters, LOL) but the blog is mostly for me and my memory, anyway.

So, while I am here, let me quickly make a bullet list of random thoughts that I want to document and perhaps I will elaborate on some of them eventually!

  • One topic that will get more "blog time" in the future is my faith in God and his son, Jesus Christ. Over the last couple of months, I have spent a good amount of time reading my bible and other spiritual books to deepen my knowledge of my Christian faith. I have enjoyed this process so much and look forward to my "quiet time" every day. I'm in an online bible study and have started doing another simple study with my San Diego friend, Ann, via e-mail.
  • My sons are growing up so fast. They are rarely all home at the same time. Joe is busy with work and school, Matthew enjoys afternoons out with his friends riding bikes and skateboarding, and Michael is off to various club commitments, church groups, and bible studies. Long, long ago I looked forward to a day when I would have much more "me time." Well, that time is here now and I wish it hadn't come so quickly and without warning!
  • My struggle to lose weight and get active again is sporadic at best. I'm now 25 lbs. above my WW goal weight. I have a committed walking partner and someone who wants to take yoga class with me in two weeks. It's a start. I love healthy food but I love decadent food even more. LOL I'll keep trying!!!
  • Knitting news...started a new red scarf for the Red Scarf Project. Have the first of a pair of socks for my cousin on the needles and the yarn for a shawl for my SIL, Maria. I want to post photos of finished projects here. With the heat below the 90s mark now, I'm hoping to get more knitting done!
  • Work is back on!!! The summer off was fabulous and very restful. Now I'm back at work full force, teaching 5th grade again with a team that is new to me. I have 31 students, 10 of whom I taught in 3rd grade two years ago. I've got a new classroom, more kids, more work. I'm excited, happy, and challenged! I'm also volunteering for some other responsibilities that are new to me. I'm grateful for a job and one where I can make a difference!
  • I read some wonderful fiction this summer and want to do a post highlighting my favorite reads. There are also some exciting books coming out this fall that I want to highlight on the blog.
  • I am sucked back into Facebook and it consumes way too much time. At this point, I refuse to play Farmtown, Mafia Wars, or any other game.
  • Fall TV is beginning. The family is finishing up the Big Brother 11 season soon. Not sure what shows I want to watch this fall other than Grey's Anatomy. I think I will try to DVR Biggest Loser's new season to inspire me.
  • I am going to be participating in our city's American Cancer Society Relay for Life walk later this month. I'll put up a donation link!
  • I'm turning 47 years old later this month. I'm well past "middle age" but still feel good. My last doctor visit confirmed I'm in very good health--no signs of diabetes on the horizon. I need to lose the extra weight and get active!
  • I love ice cream so much! We have a new place near our home called Shave it! It's a combination of shaved ice and ice cream. Incredible!
  • I miss taking photos of nature and such. I need to plan an outing with hubby to somewhere photo-worthy!
  • My life is so abundantly blessed that sometimes I cannot believe I am living it! So much to be grateful for and look forward to in the future.
Leave me a comment and let me know what you are grateful for today!

1 comment:

Bonita Rose said...

thankful today for some ME TIME.. I need it!