sum up most of my day. Jose and I had a Starbucks date this morning. We got our coffees and scones and sat out on the comfy outdoor loveseat and just talked. It was good to have that time away from home and the distractions of computers, TV, and the like. It wasn't anything fancy, but it was what we needed. Loved it!
For lunch, I met Terry and Frances at Crepes and Grapes Cafe-Uptown Whittier. Thank God the weather has cooled off a bit and we enjoyed a nice lunch outside at a table on the corner. Frances is a "new friend" in that she joined our staff last September. As of now, she is one of the teachers who was laid off due to budget cuts. We are praying she gets called back next month. She's an awesome, caring teacher and a fun friend to have around. Love, love, love her! I forgot to take the camera to snap a shot of us together. Darn it! I enjoyed the Chinese salad for lunch and then the three of us split an Apple Pie ala Mode crepe for dessert. Major yumminess! I definitely want to go back there with Jose or the whole family. It was just a lovely afternoon, eating lunch and enjoying the cool breeze while we chatted about our summers so far and next school year.
I feel very blessed to be able to enjoy time off this summer and have the ability to go out to nice meals with friends to catch up.
No comments:
Post a Comment