
I cannot say enough wonderful things about
The Help by Kathryn Stockett. This love is her first book and it is an absolutely incredible read. I literally could not put it down the last hundred or so pages. When I closed it, I was sad that I was finished and I promptly posted a five star rating at goodreads. By far, this is the best book I have read all year long, and I have read nearly 40 books so far in 2009. The book would make a fantastic movie, in my opinion. I highly recommend that you check it out from your library or even spring for the hardcover edition, as I am sure you'll pass it on to many friends. Stockett is a gifted storyteller and her personal message at the end of the book only made it that much better. Read it, you won't be sorry!

Tonight I was blessed to spend time with two of my favorite ladies in the whole world! My best friend, Tina, is on my right side and another dear friend, Lisa, is on my left. We had dinner at Johnny Carino's and caught up on life. I first met Tina a good 10 years ago when our twins were on her hubby's soccer team. I taught her youngest son, Andrew, in fifth grade. We have grown very close over the last few years. She is a friend who supports me in all I do and will listen to me when I speak from the heart. I can be myself with her and not fear her judgement. I especially can trust her when I tell her something confidential. I've known Lisa since my first year of teaching when she was our school librarian. Even though she's moved on to work at the district office, I always enjoy time with her. It was a delicious dinner that I enjoyed all the more, since it was my first "real meal" after having my wisdom teeth out last Weds. afternoon. Oh, not that I didn't eat since then, but it was mostly soft food and I was careful. I was able to enjoy my meal with no problems and I'm grateful for that ability and most of all, the time spent with these wonderful ladies.
No comments:
Post a Comment