Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Grateful today...

for so many blessings, such as:



a weekend retreat with my sister, Kathleen, and the women of her church. I met some great women but more importantly, I had time alone with my sister. I witnessed how she is growing in her faith in God and it's exciting to see that! I learned so much about what God wants us to do and believe. I ate way too much...especially chocolate covered raisins and M&Ms. Good times!

My 20 students I taught this year. Love these kids and love the thought that I can teach many of them again in fifth grade in another year! I have seen each of them grow as learners, individuals, and citizens of this community. Excuse the background, I've taken down some things off the wall to send home with them and prepare for moving to a new classroom for the fall!

I'm grateful for my online bible study and the ways it challenges me to learn about God and believe God! I'm also grateful for my "IRL" bible study at church, Love to Pray, as it allows me to learn so much and also get to know some of the women at my new church better.

I'm very grateful for my husband, Jose, and his support. Yesterday he went to Costco to buy hot dogs, fruit salad, and a camcorder all needed for either today's 3rd grade picnic or the baby shower we're hosting for a colleague. He bought a package of Rainer cherries to surprise me. They are one of my absolute favorite things about summer and he was so excited for me to discover them on the counter. When I asked how much they were, he said the package was "around $9" but he had to get them to treat me. I'll take Rainer cherries and a man who will do Costco errands over a diamond ring any day!

I'm grateful for three sons who will still give their mom a long hug even though they are teenagers. I took the twins to Target with me after work yesterday and told them to pick out some candy and food treats. They actually thanked me when we got home for buying it. LOL So cute!

I'm grateful for a job in this economy. As the school year winds down, I'm grateful for my summer savers account and the great blessing of not working this summer.

I'm grateful for the library and books!

I'm grateful for early morning coffee, granola bars, and quiet time.

I'm grateful there are only three more days of school (counting today) and one more day of work after that...and then my summer begins!

No comments: