Friday, June 12, 2009

Busy, busy, busy!

Life is so busy these last few weeks of school. I'm packing up my classroom (after only teaching in it one year) to move to the classroom I spent the previous three years teaching in! All because I'm going to teach 5th grade next year and I need a bigger classroom. I actually moved some boxes to my new room after school today. My desk, storage cabinets, and file cabinets are empty and packed up. A few more boxes to fill, move my classroom library in baskets, and I should be good to tear down the butcher paper on the wall and leave it ready for the next teacher who will move in before fall. This is my fifth move in 11 years of teaching. One thing, it's never boring!

Tomorrow I'm going to the retreat with my sister and the women from her church. Looking forward to the downtime and the lessons I'll learn there. My sister joked we'd be roommates again. We shared a room growing up and until the day I got married. Even though it's a very busy time to go away, I'm making the time to do this with her.

My granddaughter and her mom are coming next weekend for Father's Day. It'll be right after school is out for summer. I want to think of something fun to do with her and a cool way to celebrate my hubby for Father's Day.

Off to cover 20 composition books with fabric to make "writers' notebooks" for my students as part of their "good-bye gifts". They'll look nice but they are quite a bit of work.

And after that, I'm going to do some reading for my Beth Moore bible study and hang with the family. I know I'll miss them this weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you are enjoying your weekend away with your sister! I'm always amazed at all you do for your students--they are so lucky to have you.