It's time for me to have my little corner of the web. This blog is an inkling of my random thoughts, memories, worries, and joys. It's just a small part of what makes up the whole me. And it will be constantly changing because it is me...at this moment.
Sunday, April 12, 2009
A Different Kind of Easter
This Easter was the very first Easter we ever stayed home as a family alone. No big Easter gathering at our house and we weren't invited to go anywhere else. That's ok. We had a wonderful, relaxing day. Michael and I attended church services this morning. We are really enjoying going to Foursquare Church instead of our Catholic Church we've attended in past years. I think both he and I have made a permanent switch to Foursquare. After church, I took some time to knit and just relax. Jose made a delicious bone-in ham and I prepared the mashed potatoes, corn, and asparagus in white sauce (my mom's recipe). We had strawberry shortcake for dessert. My niece and nephew joined us for dinner as their parents are out of town visiting other relatives and they had to stay home to work this weekend. Other things that were very different this year: no coloring of Easter eggs, no Easter egg hunt, no photos taken, and no Easter baskets. Since the boys are all teenagers, they got a See's Candies chocolate Easter bunny. Next weekend, my granddaughter and her mom will come for a visit. We'll get together with my side of the family for a belated Easter celebration. Then we will color eggs and hunt eggs together as a family. And there will be an Easter basket for my cute granddaughter. However, this simple family day today was a beautiful reminder that the true reason for celebrating Easter is that our Lord is risen and desires to have a relationship with each one of us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment