And on Saturday morning I got my love letter inside this homemade card and a romantic DVD (the boys call this an "old people fall in love" movie):
Here's the stash from my students. I cannot believe the amount of chocolate they gave me. I guess I've made my love of chocolate a bit too clear in front of them! The red box in the middle of it all is a handmade, hand-painted jewelry box made by my student, Priscilla. She glued popsicle sticks together and then painted them red and glued "jewels" on it. I was very touched by her efforts and all the generous gifts.
We were going to go to Chipotle for dinner but I wanted to wait for another day. All the boys were going to be home and Michael had some friends over. So we order this huge pizza, it's two feet across! My favorite combo was there--bell pepper and onion. Something for the vegetarians and something for the meat eaters.
Overall, I just feel very blessed to be married to Jose. He supports me 100% in all that I do and is so sweet to me. For his gift, I bought him a new office chair (his request) and Season 3 and 4 of Two and a Half Men (he loves that show!). The boys didn't get chocolate...they each got a gift card to a favorite fast food place. A great, cozy day at home with my loved ones.
1 comment:
Wow, that sounds like a wonderful way to spend Valentines Day! The roses are just gorgeous :) Pizza is a hit any day at our house, although it rarely accompanies "girl movies", LOL! I have Nights in Rodanthe in my Netflix queue but haven't gotten it yet. I read the book a while back, but I've read so many since, that I'm sure it will be like brand new to see the movie :)
Hope you're having a wonderful day!
Post a Comment