Monday, February 16, 2009

Gone Too Soon...that's for sure!


So yesterday morning before going to church, I baked about six dozen of these cookies called "Gone Too Soon" at the request of my son, Matthew. I filled our huge cookie jar (I bought it years ago at a Pier One store) before 11 a.m. This morning, barely 24 hours later, the jar was empty. I guess that's what happens when you've got three teenage boys and a few friends and a nephew visiting the house throughout the day. I do admit to eating more than a few with my tea yesterday. The recipe is from one of the AOL cooking message boards on Mom's Online at least ten years ago.
Gone Too Soons

1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
½ tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
2 cups flour
2 cups oatmeal
2 cups Rice Krispies
12 oz. Semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream butter and sugars; add eggs and vanilla. Mix in flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Stir in oats, Rice Krispies, and chocolate chips. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets; bake 7-10 minutes.

Variations: ½ cup chocolate chips, ½ cup butterscotch chips

1 comment:

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Oh my, these sound wonderful! I rarely bake anymore, since my better half started working from home. I used to bake fairly often, so we could have a bit, then he could take the rest into the office. I'm afraid if there's cookies or brownies or something sweet in the house, I will eat it. Most of it :)

These look really good, I'm going to steal the recipe. Thanks for sharing! :)