Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Tuesday Morning Ramblings

are what we've got here. I meant to blog over the long weekend with some thoughts on books I've read recently, photos from January, and thoughts on the new church I've been attending for the last month. Instead, I went to breakfast with my sister-in-law, Maria, at Panera's on Saturday morning. I also attended a birthday party for our 5 year old neighbor and a baptism for a co-worker's daughter where my hubby was hired as the photographer. I went to church on Sunday morning. My Monday holiday found me at Home Depot at 9 a.m. buying a much needed mailbox and door bell with my husband...in the pouring rain. I picked out two rose bushes for him to plant as my Valentine's gift. No cut flowers for me this year, I insisted. Let's be smart (and budget-wise) and buy flowers that will live more than a week. And then I went to lunch and to see The Reader with my friend, Terry. A busy weekend for being "out of the house".

More important than any of the outings were the things that mattered in my heart. A heart-to-heart talk with my sister-in-law about raising kids and family. Snuggling with my husband to talk over hot cups of coffee. Watching Longshots with my youngest son and husband on Friday night. Making quesidillas for Joe last night before he went to work and hearing about his new classes this semester. Congratulating Matthew and Michael on excellent report cards. Baking a coffeecake Sunday morning from scratch for my family. Discussing The Stranger with Matthew. Talking to my older brother and sister on the phone. Casting on for and beginning the yellow baby blanket for my dear friend Sonny's son (due date in late June). Thinking about my students and the progress they've made.

Most of all, I've been thinking about my parents a lot more than usual. Missing both of them and thinking about how much I'd like to speak to them again. This month is the third anniversary of my mother's death. If I can gather my thoughts and write a coherent post, I will. If not, it's something that will stay in my heart.

No comments: