Sunday, January 18, 2009

Happy and Relaxed

on this three day holiday weekend. More thoughts and stuff to come.

Right now, I'm going to get ready to go to church. This is the first time going to the church my youngest son has been attending on his own for a few months now. It's within walking distance of home and he's made strong connections there, especially in the high school group.

I've been lost for several months without feeling that I have a church home. I consider myself Catholic, having entered the Catholic faith as an adult when I was a senior in high school. We raised our sons in this faith and attended mass fairly regularly throughout their childhood. Now that the boys are growing up, they are expressing their own ideas about "organized religion" and attending church. I, too, am rethinking my belonging to the Catholic church. I'm looking for a church where I feel at home, where I feel inspired, where I feel joyous and hopeful. This new church is not Catholic but that's fine with me. I'm looking for a place to practice my faith in God happily, not for a "label". We'll see how it goes!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Let us how you like the church. We are thinking of switching to a church closer to our home also. Been catching up on your posts and I hope you have a good day off tomorrow.