Yesterday I received a call from the kidney transplant coordinator about my lab work done 10 days ago. It appears that my blood type is A and does not match my sister's blood type of O. Therefore, no chance I can give her my kidney down the road. There's some other possibility of me doing a "pair swap" where I would donate my kidney to a stranger, who's donor then would donate their kidney to my sister (if everything matched, of course). They are going to send me more information. My sister's husband still needs further testing. Apparently, he is a fairly good match for my sister.
I called Kathleen and told her the news. I was crying but trying to stay
somewhat composed, as it was recess time. I certainly don't want to alarm my students by greeting them 10 minutes later with swollen eyes. My sister told me not to cry, it would be ok. It will all work out.
I have faith that God has a plan for my sister. He has a plan for me. It's not my plan for us but a better one. And, somehow, I believe our mother is putting in her two cents on this one up there. Please keep my sister in your prayers. Her health is good right now and no need to rush for a transplant. I guess this is what faith is truly all about. Trusting that God has a bigger plan for those who trust in Him. And trusting that His plan is the best plan.
I called Kathleen and told her the news. I was crying but trying to stay
I have faith that God has a plan for my sister. He has a plan for me. It's not my plan for us but a better one. And, somehow, I believe our mother is putting in her two cents on this one up there. Please keep my sister in your prayers. Her health is good right now and no need to rush for a transplant. I guess this is what faith is truly all about. Trusting that God has a bigger plan for those who trust in Him. And trusting that His plan is the best plan.
4 comments:
Oh Maria, I'm so sorry you weren't a match. I've been praying for you and your sister, and as you said, I totally believe God has another plan. I don't know what it is, but I know that it's the best one, because it's His :)
Still praying for you guys... and I know your mom is looking down on her girls with much love :)
I know how disappointed you are that you were not a match, but I love your positive attitude. Your sister needs that just as much. Love you!
I'm so sorry it turned out you weren't a match for your sister. I've been thinking about you both. As you said God has another plan down the road. Really glad your sister is healthy right now.
Take care and will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.
I do believe God has a plan for each of us, and it's not always what we would choose (but what do we know, lol?) You are a wonderful, giving, special person, and I know your sister appreciates this too. It's also good to know her husband might be a match. Thank goodness she is doing better now, and I pray that this continues for her. Love ya, Maria!
Post a Comment