This morning started off with donuts for my birthday breakfast (my favorite). Michael was upset that his dad had beat him to the donut shop, he wanted to get them as my gift. So he insisted on paying his father for the donuts. Joe gave me a "Whittier College Mom" mug. Matthew bought me the "Made of Honor" DVD. All 3 boys made me homemade cards with sweet sentiments that I cherish. I asked Jose not to buy me a gift, instead he is going to take me away for the weekend to the bed & breakfast of my choice. Woo-hoo, something to look forward to!
My sister and her family stopped by after lunch. Her two kiddos were excited to give me my gifts and to share the chocolate cake they had helped bake for me. The decorated it with mini M&Ms. It was delicious! After our visit with them, I took a nap. All this happiness takes some energy.
Joe met us at Romano's Macaroni Grill tonight after work for dinner. I splurged and had a Pomegranite Martini with my pasta. The two vegetarians (Joe and Matthew) were thrilled with their mushroom ravioli. It was a great meal with my family. I'm glad we were able to work around Joe's work schedule. It meant a lot to me to have everyone there.
Other happy things that added to the joy of my 46th birthday:
- My students singing "Happy Birthday" Friday afternoon and hugs from some of them
- A birthday card from Kathy, a friend since I was 3 years old
- A phone call from Charles tonight wishing me a happy day
- E-mails from blog readers and loop friends with warm wishes
- Phone calls from Jose's sisters (Margarita and Maria) and my brother, Pete
- E-cards and text messages from my co-workers and niece, Sonia
- A call from my dear friends, Tina and Terry
- A call from my former student, Katie, and her mom
- A call from my friend, Rose, from Vegas
- Time to knit, read, and relax with only about 20 minutes of schoolwork thrown in there
I feel blessed. Life is good. I have a husband, children, extended family and friends who care about me. I have my health. I have a job that I love and am passionate about. I am a child of God and I live in the best country on this earth. Really, could life be any better?
2 comments:
Wow that sounds like my kind of birthday. You are loved and blessed. I am so glad you had a great day.
Wow, sounds like your birthday was awesome! I hope every day of the upcoming year has some measure of that joy in it :)
Post a Comment