Friday, September 26, 2008

TGIF!!!

I do declare that I must have put 50+ hours into my job this week. That doesn't count the times I dreamt of my students, the work that needs to be done, or worried about work-related issues. I was too tired to see the second half of Grey's Anatomy on Thursday night.

I came home at 6 p.m. from work tonight and my hubby had a simple chicken and rice dinner waiting. We ate alone (all 3 boys out) and then watched Grey's. Loved it! Loved the quick, witty writing. Then hubby went to bed and I watched The Office. I've seen parts of this show's past seasons but I am planning to watch the whole season this time around. Loved the writing on that show too!

At 10 p.m. I went with son #3 (who had come home already) to pick up son #2 and his best friend from the movies. They were hungry so we went thru McDonald's. By then Joe came home from work and asked to go to the college campus for some "social event." Sure, just be careful! You're only young once. Since he's a commuter, I want him to feel as much a part of the campus as possible. When I went to USC, I never hung around for anything fun. Just drove there, attended class, and left to go to work.

It's been a long week. But this weekend is going to be fun! And I promised myself no more than 3 hours of work on Saturday for teaching stuff. Because Sunday is my birthday. And I am NOT working on my birthday. At all. No way. No how. I love my job, I adore my students, but I am going to enjoy my day without working. Cause I'm the teacher and I said so! LOL

2 comments:

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Happy Birthday Maria!!!! Hope you have a totally awesome day :)

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, I am so glad I came over to visit you today! I hope you are having the most wonderful greatest birthday ever Maria! I wish you many more.