Saturday, August 30, 2008

Update

I received a call on Friday morning that the panel of doctors that review potential donors for kidney transplants approved me to go forward with the testing after seeing the results of my GTT (glucose tolerance test). The next step will be to go to UCLA hospital and have bloodwork done. This bloodwork will determine how close of a match I am to my sister. The only "problem" is that I am now officially "back to work" and don't have any free time to drive the hour to the lab there. I'm awaiting a phone call to schedule the bloodwork and am hoping the lab is open on the weekends.

I feel a very strong professional obligation to my students and hate to have a substitute unless necessary. I know my sister's health is a good reason to get a substitute but I am really going to try to find a way to have the bloodwork done without getting a substitute.

Just thought I'd post an update.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Maria,

I'll pray that the timing will work out for you for this next step. Thanks for the update!