Wow, three hours and $300+ later, I left Lowe's with my husband. That place wore me out so much that I had to take a nap after making a quick lunch. Who knew choosing a new porch light would be so demanding? First, the type of metal/color...brass/gold, silver, dull metal finish, dark metal finish, white??? Then, motion activated or not? We finally decided on one. Next, we had to choose lights for the back of the house and the side. Here we choose floodlights. Now Michael can play basketball after dark and actually see the net in the backyard. Then doorbells...LOL, so many to choose from! We looked at mailboxes and house number choices, and didn't care for any of them. We bought new smoke detectors for all 3 bedrooms and splurged on the ones you don't have to replace the batteries for 10 years. I figured it was worth the investment. We spent so much time looking at that stuff, we didn't even get to the garden area. I was so hungry we had to leave.
After a two hour nap, I went grocery shopping. Boy, oh boy, are groceries expensive or what?
Hubby is way ahead of me now on watching Season 4 of 24. I can't watch with him and I don't know when I'll ever catch up now. I have lots of knitting I want to do before the holidays and lots of books piled up to read. Not to mention scrapbooking eventually.
Today was my last Friday off until Thanksgiving weekend. While lots of necessary shopping and "house stuff" was done, it sure didn't feel like a vacation day. Oh well, I had plenty of those this summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment