Saturday, June 7, 2008

Six on Saturday

Six songs I listened to today on my iPod:

  1. Coming Home by John Legend
  2. Come Away with Me by Norah Jones
  3. This Charming Man by The Smiths
  4. Red High Heels by Kellie Pickler
  5. Blessed by Martina McBride
  6. I Need You by Faith Hill & Tim McGraw

Six things I ate today:

  1. Chicken soft tacos
  2. M&Ms (plain)
  3. Honey Nut Cheerios
  4. a flour tortilla
  5. an apricot
  6. macaroni salad

Six things I accomplished today:

  1. yardwork
  2. decluttering the magazine basket
  3. doing the dishes
  4. finished reading Comfort Food by Kate Jacobs
  5. organized some scrapbook supplies
  6. took a short nap

Six things I should have done but didn't do today:

  1. Exercised using my WiiFit game
  2. Ate more fruit
  3. Baked goodies for the family
  4. Taken cans and plastic bottles away for recycling
  5. Wrote letters of recommendations for two teaching colleagues
  6. Watered the front yard

Six people on my mind today:

  1. My brother, Pete, recovering from his hospitalization
  2. My son, Joseph, taking finals and nearing high school graduation
  3. My father (the 9 year anniversary of his death is Monday, June 9th)
  4. My mother (miss her so much still)
  5. My sister
  6. My friend, Emily


Six final random thoughts for tonight:

  1. I can't believe gas is up to $4.42/gallon (up 23 cents since last Saturday).
  2. I need to plan for Father's Day for my hubby.
  3. It sure feels great not to worry about homework and writing papers for my master's degree program.
  4. I want to play with my camera some more!
  5. Two more weeks of work and then summer vacation!
  6. I need to download some recent photos and post them to the blog.

3 comments:

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

$4.42 a gallon?????? That's insane! It went up to $3.94 here yesterday. Even THAT'S insane. But $4.42...wow. Love this meme, though. It was fun to read and I was coming up with answers in my head as I went along. I may have to copy this one of these days. :)

Thanks for your comment on my book reading post. I am going to have to get that Stephanie Meyer series. It seems like everybody recommends that. Just last week I was "talking" to a couple other bloggers who have read and loved those books, too. They are most definitely on my list.

Now get on out there and read the number series by Evanovich, if you haven't already. They're great fun! Then come back and tell me how you liked them. (See? I'm assuming right off the bat that you WILL like them). lol

Kari

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Great meme! Enjoyed reading all of that :)

We have similar taste in music... the food sounds good (but I eat yogurt Cheerios while the hubs only eats the Honey Nut ones!) and goodness, don't I wish I had some M&M's right now!

How was "Comfort Food"? I started Garden Spells last night late (read all of 4 pages before I conked out!) and have that one up next. I have 5 to read soon and get back to the library...

We rented Mario Galaxy for the Wii for the weekend. Still haven't found a Wii Fit in stock anywhere around here yet...

Good golly, and I thought gas was high here. I hope you don't drive gas-guzzling SUV's like we do...

Have a great day and a wonderful week!

Unknown said...

Hi Maria,

I like yor meme. I just downloaded Paul McCartney's This never happen before on my Ipod. I got a Ipod touch for my birthday back in March and love it. I want to see what you've been up to with your photos.