As I have been speaking to my third graders about reading this summer, I'm thinking about my own summer reading pile or list. I've got lots of titles on there. I think I'll take a photo of the books I have here at home that I want to read and share it with my students.
So, I'm wondering, what are you planning to read this summer? Please leave a comment and let me know what books you're looking forward to getting lost in.
I'll post mine soon! Promise!
4 comments:
I'm reading Baldacci's The Whole Truth. On my nightstand are Screen Doors and Sweet Tea (Foose), Certain Girls (Jennifer Weiner), Tess Gerritsen's The Bone Garden and Hendricks' The Baker's Apprentice. The new Cooking Light magazine arrived this week too :-)
How funny that you and I, two total and complete strangers, were thinking about the same subject almost at the same time. :)
Kari
I am very much a mood reader. I don't plan my books much further out than 2 or 3 books. Unless, of course, I make a trip the library (like I did last week) and get a bunch there. I have a lot of books on my shelves, waiting to be read, waiting for the mood to strike to read each one.
I will give you my next four books though (I got 5 at the library and finished Bulls Island by Dorothea Benton Frank last night) -- Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen, Comfort Food by Kate Jacobs, Lemon Meringue Pie Murder by Joanne Fluke (light, cozy mystery series), and Sugar Queen, also by Addison Allen. I'll only read that one if I like her first one, Garden Spells. After that, I hope to get the next one or two in the Restoration series by Terri Blackstock from my library. I'm on the wait list. Have read the first one, still lack the last 3.
Happy Reading!!!
Hi Maria,
I just got a new book by an author I have never read before. It's called Barefoot and the author is Elin Hilderbrand. It's an easy summer read. I just finished a book by Kristen Hannah called Firefly Lane, it was good but long and kind of sad.
Post a Comment