First of all, I went to the Post Office at lunch and mailed my portfolio to my professor. It's headed to Michigan right now! Yeah!!!!!!
On the book front...I finished The Day I Ate Whatever I Wanted, by Elizabeth Berg today. I absolutely loved it considering it was short stories. I'm not a big fan of short stories, or at least I wasn't for the longest time. I may need to rethink that idea now. I passed on my library book to my teaching partner. There are some funny stories in there about being on diets and some bittersweet ones about aging and making choices in life. I highly recommend it.
While I was out at the post office, I went to the library two doors down. I picked up Hold Tight, by Harlan Coben. I've loved Coben's books since my very first read of his called Tell No One. I couldn't put that book down! I have only read his stand-alones, haven't got to his series yet. He's a favorite of mine. My husband will probably read Hold Tight first while I finish up some other books. But I will be sure to read it before it goes back to the library!
Tonight I picked up another library book that had been waiting for me to finish the Berg book. It's called : The Pajama Girls of Lambert Square, by Rosina Lippi. I'm only a few pages into it, but it looks entertaining.
On the knitting front, I've woven in the ends of my nephew's afghan. I'll see him tomorrow at a family function. I'm a bit more than halfway done with the pink baby blanket. The baby shower is at noon tomorrow! I was knitting away on it tonight when I saw a major error about five rows back. I had to rip out back to that spot. Now I'm tired of knitting so I hope to get a lot done on it in the morning. If I don't finish it tomorrow, I should be done next week.
I really enjoyed Grey's Anatomy last night. I'm happy it is back! I'm planning to watch Season One, Two, and Three this summer to watch the character growth and how the whole thing unfolded.
Other plans for this weekend include boxing up lots of my notes and books from my master's program, knitting, reading, and decluttering a bit. I am so far behind on reading blogs. I really want to catch up. Thanks for being patient with me!
I hope to see Made of Honor on Sunday with my youngest two boys. We'll see, it would be nice to do something really fun with them again!
3 comments:
You are my inspiration, maria---you wantd to do something,, and you DID it---congrats on finishing your master's portfolio!!
I am on the waiting list for both Berg and the harlan Coben (he's from NJ). Both authors are wonderful.
Have a great weekend!
Congrats Maria! I hope you get to relax this weekend. I just came back from seeing Made of Honor and loved it. It's a chick flick for sure but really cute. Have a wonderful weekend!
I have enjoyed all of the Berg books I have read (3 or 4, maybe 5 at most), but haven't read this one of short stories. I'll have to remember to look for it at the library.
Nor have I read a book by Harlan Coben, but it sounds interesting. Any book that is hard to put down really appeals to me. I'll add him to my list too!
Have a great day!
Post a Comment