Saturday, May 24, 2008

Fitness, Food, Fantasy and Fun Times

sums up today so far!


My oldest son installed the WiiFit game that he and his brothers bought me for Mother's Day. I created my "Mii" and after inputting my height and birthdate, it calculated my BMI (Body Mass Index) and weight. I'm a tad over "normal" into the "overweight" category. Not too much, though, about 2 percent. I set a goal of losing 2 lbs. in the next two weeks. After that, I had so much fun that I "banked" 44 minutes of exercise into my FitBank for today. I could have kept going but it was time to let the boys have a turn! Some of my favorite fitness activities include the hula hoop, step walking, short distance running, soccer ball "headbutting", a couple of basic yoga positions. I can't wait to play with it again tomorrow morning!


Food today includes lunch at Mimi's Cafe with my favorite two cousins, Marina and Corina, and my sister. We had a delightful time catching up on each other's lives. My sister's two children joined us and that always makes for some fun.


Fantasy refers to my latest book Twilight, by Stephenie Meyer. I've been wanting to read this one for a while as it seems to be a favorite of young adults (including two of my sons) and of middle-aged housewives! So far, so good. It hasn't really got to the good stuff yet but I can sense it's coming!


Tonight hubby and I are going out to my teaching partner and dear friend's 50th birthday party at RockBottom Restaurants. Never been there but it looks like a lot of fun! I bought her some emerald/diamond post earrings for her gift. I hope she loves them!


Fun times anticipated this weekend:

  • Tonight's Party
  • More WiiFit fun the next two days
  • A visit from my stepdaughter and granddaughter
  • Scrapbooking with my sons for their DC trip scrapbooks
  • Baking some cookies for family and friends

3 comments:

Karen said...

I hope you have lots of fun this weekend Maria! It sure sounds like you have a lot of fun planned. The Wii fit sounds like something I would like. I was looking at it with Jeff at Walmart one day.

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Sounds like an awesome weekend you had planned - hope you got to do all of the fun stuff and had a wonderful time :)

I am starting to think we really *need* a Wii, just so we can get the Wii Fit game. Of course, I've been telling my hubby for months that we need one for him, to practice his golf swing along with Tiger. Now, I could have something fun for me to do, and maybe break up the monotony of the treadmill (which is still very new, but hey, you gotta do what you can to have some variety!).

Have a wonderful day and week Maria :)

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a fun weekend Maria. I have heard that Wii fit is fun and I'll have to try it sometime. Have you tried any digital scrapbooking yet? I've been trying to learn a little about it but haven't had time to really get into to yet. Hope you are having a good week.