Too long since the last post! Today hubby and I celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary. He surprised me with a gorgeous bouquet of roses and other flowers delivered to work this morning. It totally made my day! We took the twins out to dinner with us to Outback. Our oldest son is at Disneyland today till 10 p.m. with his Annual Staff from school. We missed having him there with us but he's a busy teenager!
The weekend was great...nice and cool. The weather was overcast but that was ok. My granddaughter and stepdaughter came for a visit late Sunday afternoon and stayed till Tuesday evening. Lots of fun times with Natalie. We were able to cuddle up Monday morning and watch the Enchanted DVD. Very cute movie! I decided not to get the camera out at all and just enjoy her this weekend. I'll catch up on photographing her next time!
I'm still loving my WiiFit game. I've worked out a minimum of 30 minutes since Sat. and so far have banked 3 hours 16 minutes for the five days I've used it. I'm rather sore as muscles that haven't worked out in years are being stretched. I even got on it tonight after dinner.
Still reading Twilight and getting rather hooked on it. Not sure what I'll read next, there are a few books waiting at the library for me.
With the Monday holiday, I'm all off on my days this week. Work is flying by. Tomorrow our class is going on a field trip to the California Science Center. In the evening my sons are looking forward to the LOST finale. I'm going to try and bake them a cake to enjoy during the show. It's also Open House at the twins' middle school. This will be our last Open House as parents since the high school does not do this event. I guess the next time we go to an Open House, it may be as grandparents!
I'm feeling optimistic about getting back on track with good health. I'm eating better since the weekend (with the exception of tonight's celebration dinner) and exercising every day.
As far as knitting goes, I still can't match the dye lot for the pink yarn on the baby afghan for my nephew's expected daughter. The due date is getting closer! I think I may have to rip it out and start over. I so do not want to do that!
That's the latest update. I hope to post something more insightful soon!
3 comments:
Great update Maria! Sounds like a good weekend and week so far. My days are always off after a Monday holiday like Memorial Day :)
We're looking forward to the Lost finale tonight also. We have a friend coming over and we're ordering pizza. Not doing good with the eating around here! I am really wanting a Wii and that Wii Fit, the more I read about it. Sigh. I imagine it's totally sold out around here, so I won't hold my breath!
Have a wonderful day :)
Happy Anniversay Maria!! Outback is always fun! Did you watch Lost? I don't usually stay up that late but had to watch the season finale. Leave it to Lost to confuse you even more. LOL But I still love that show. I've not been knitting, too much going on. Hope you are having a great weekend! I've been wondering about Enchanted and didn't know if it was just a kiddie movie or if adults would like it also. It's been on pay for view so maybe I'll rent it.
Hope you had a good week! I read over half of Twilight yesterday - hope to finish today! But ... then have to wait to get copy of next one...
Post a Comment