I have had a hold on this book The Day I Ate Whatever I Wanted, by Elizabeth Berg for almost two months. Every time I checked on the status, it said "on order" on the library's website. I was in #1 place on the hold list. Now it is there! I absolutely adore Elizabeth Berg's writing. Often she beautifully describes a feeling I have had. I anticipate each new book as soon as I hear one is coming out. I wish she would write faster! This book is a book of short stories. I can't wait to read it.
Really, I think it will be perfect for this moment in my life. I'm stressing about working on and finishing my portfolio for my master's program. I can't concentrate on any pleasure reading that is too involved or complicated right now. Short stories are perfect for reading a bit "here and there" when time allows. I think it is just what the doctor would order for me, if I had asked one.
First stop after work today, the library. I've got a treasure waiting to be picked up!
2 comments:
I love Berg's books too, for the same reason....they seem to speak to my heart. Let us know what you think of this one. I'm off to see if our library has it and reserve it too!
I've always loved Elizabeth Berg's writings---thanks for the heads' up on the new one!
Post a Comment