This is my "middle son", Matthew. (Actually, it's hard to be the 'middle son' when you are a twin). Anyways, up until a few months ago, any long writing assignment would send him into fits of "writer's block." He'd procrastinate and complain. Recently, he wrote a response to literature about the Gettysburg Address in his 8th grade English class. He received a full 100 points and this comment from his teacher, "Your essay was a breath of fresh air in the midst of reading 140 essays." He was beaming. (I read it, it was quite good!). So, he is really excited about his haiku he wrote in school. He recited it to the whole family a few times. I love it and more than that, I love that he wrote it and is excited about it. I had to share. Please post a comment to let me know what you think it is about. He doesn't want to title it and make it obvious, LOL. Powder white as clouds
Sweeps down the lonesome hillside
The mountain is doomed
3 comments:
Looks like Matthew's writer's block is busted! I love the haiku too, and it is so nice to see our children beaming when getting high praise from their teachers.
Snow? I'm caught up with your blog and I've enjoyed reading it so very much - Sedona sounds heavenly - the pictures are wonderful! I love the shots you are taking with the Rebel and keep up the good work on the portfolio - you are almost there, Maria! We're so very proud of you!
I think the sign of a true artist (of any kind) is sometimes the fact that they hesitate to write (or draw, paint, etc) because they are more critical of their work. Congrats to Matthew on the essay! His haiku truly painted a picture of what he was saying.
Post a Comment