Monday, April 14, 2008

Monday, Monday...

brings more work for me. Tomorrow is the principal's formal observation of me. I stayed late afterschool to get everything ready. Then I began the work of organizing my portfolio for my degree program. This portfolio is the final stretch. Lots of editing and revision to do. Everything has to be perfect! I'm trying to break it down into manageable chunks so it is not so overwhelming.

Not much else to say. I spent all day Sunday writing my final two papers for this last class. It was unbearable hot here, in the high 90s. Spring arrived with summer on its tail. Hopefully it will cool off some this week.

Started a new book yesterday...Losing It, by Valerie Bertinelli. I loved watching her on One Day At A Time. The people and shows she refers to in the book take me back to my childhood. It's a simple read right now when my brain is on overload.

Still knitting on my nephew's afghan. Two and a half more skeins to go before it is done. His party is this Sunday. Don't think it will be done in time. With this summer-like heat, he probably doesn't want it now. It's almost too hot to put on my lap while I knit. I may try to knit on it at work where there is air-conditioning. I can stay a bit late and knit before I come home. I'm anxious to get it done and then finish the baby blanket for my nephew's baby. That baby shower is early May.

Well, back to work on my portfolio!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are one busy lady! I read Losing It and it's an easy read (always could relate to Valerie!)
You are almost done with your master's--woo hoo!
Try not to worry about being observed--you are an awesome teacher and they are lucky to have you (especially your students).
Have a great day!

Karen said...

Good luck with your observation today Maria!