Sunday, March 9, 2008

Sunday Night thoughts

Well, it's 8 p.m. here in California. The weekend flew by! We had weather in the mid-80s today. Beautiful! Wish I could send some to my friends in cold places.

I did not get everything done I wanted to this weekend. Didn't do the walking but plan to get out there before dark tomorrow night. Love that it won't be dark till 7 p.m. Anyone else happy with the earlier Daylight Savings Time? I cleaned up my piles, knit on the nephew's afghan, visited with my sister and her kids here. I finished all my homework for this past week and will print off next week's homework tomorrow night. Looking ahead, the reading isn't too much. Yeah! I also didn't bake those cookies for the family. Oh well, maybe tomorrow night...

I did get to play a bit with my new camera today when my sister came over. I took pictures of her kids out in our backyard. I haven't downloaded them yet. I want to search for a cute, girly camera strap and camera case for my new baby. Any sites to refer me to?

Not much else going on tonight. I'm off to do some lesson planning and to catch up on reading the chapter books my students are currently reading for their book clubs. There are 5 book clubs going on plus the current read aloud chapter book. That should take up the rest of the evening.

Some things I am looking forward to this week:
  • Getting those walks in
  • Knitting more
  • Reading more
  • Calling a few old friends to catch up
  • American Idol

That's about it. Just the usual week of work, homework, Mom stuff, and life. Hope you have a good week!

1 comment:

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Glad you had a good one, our weekend flew by also! I'm not thrilled with the time changing this early in the year. First, it is so hard to spring forward for that first week, my body clock takes time to adjust! Second, my husband plays more golf with it being light later every day, so I miss him more :(

Glad you had fun with the camera. I'm no help on accessories - I use the strap that came with mine and we ordered me the Canon accessory bag (with extra battery and a filter) from Amazon.

Hope you have a wonderful week coming up! Get some walking in, I did good this weekend and got on the treadmill both days!