Well, first a quick recap of Saturday. I had lunch with my niece at Mimi's (Asian Chopped Salad and Corn Chowder) and then we saw The Other Boleyn Girl. I really liked the movie. Most of all, I loved spending time with my beautiful, smart, loving 28 year old niece. The daughter I would have loved to have! Afterwards, a quick trip to the market and then home. It was a lazy night with two sons out at birthday gatherings. I worked on changing my blog's look and catching up on bloglines. Did some knitting on my nephew's afghan and reading of my latest Young Adult read, Stay with Me, by Garret Freymann-Weyr. I'm not sure why I'm reading so much YA fiction other than I belong to a YA reads group on goodreads.com and the titles really sound good. I wish they had this great fiction when I was a young adult 30 years ago!
Today is a gorgeous, sunny March day. The birds are singing. Lots of possibility for today. I do know that I need to get busy around my home. Yesterday was a lazy "play and recharge your battery" type of day. I'm really anxious to get out there and play with my new camera but there is homework to do. I haven't done any since Wednesday and it has piled up. The day holds so many things to do and I can't seem to get off this laptop and get going. But I really need to...so I'll leave you with this quote that I got awhile back in a daily e-mail from The Foundation For A Better life:
“It is our choices that show what we truly are,
far more than our abilities.”
—J.K. Rowling (b. 1965), novelist
Today is a gorgeous, sunny March day. The birds are singing. Lots of possibility for today. I do know that I need to get busy around my home. Yesterday was a lazy "play and recharge your battery" type of day. I'm really anxious to get out there and play with my new camera but there is homework to do. I haven't done any since Wednesday and it has piled up. The day holds so many things to do and I can't seem to get off this laptop and get going. But I really need to...so I'll leave you with this quote that I got awhile back in a daily e-mail from The Foundation For A Better life:
“It is our choices that show what we truly are,
far more than our abilities.”
—J.K. Rowling (b. 1965), novelist
4 comments:
I love the new look of your blog. Have a great day, even if it is doing homework!!
Love your new look! And I am envious of the Spring weather. The funny thing is we were outside on Monday with my granddaughter playing with sidewalk chalk and by Friday we are in the middle of a blizzard. But the snow will be gone soon. And guess what (I'm so excited) since I was stuck at home with not much to do, I took out my knitting needles and actually did some knitting and even watched TV while doing it. It was the first time I felt totally comfortable doing it. Still haven't got the purl down well, but I don't think it'll be too hard now. Sorry about the long comment. LOL
Sounds like a good weekend you are having! I had not heard overly good things so far about "The Other Boleyn Girl" so it's great to hear you really liked it! I still have the book here in my TBR pile... maybe I can get it read before the movie comes out on DVD.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend :)
I think my first post got lost in blogland, lol, but I'm glad you had such a good weekend! Our weather was very windy with tons of rain, but the sun came out on Sunday :-) even though it was cold again. Would you believe we may be getting snow this week---no sense in looking for a spring Easter outfit this year, lol.
Have a great week!
Post a Comment