and I'm blessed to have him in my life. Rough day at work today in several ways. I came home as "stressed as I left" according to my husband. So, what does he do to cheer me up? Takes me out to Chipotle Mexican Grill for dinner. The boys didn't want to go, we brought them take-out on our way back. He asked about my day and just listened. He encouraged me and made me feel better. He listened. He held my hand in the car all the way home. He sang along with the songs on the CD for me, including Elvis's song "Wise Men Say" (only fools fall in love). In a time when many marriages don't make it, we're still going strong after almost 20 years of marriage. Ups and downs are there, to be sure. But through it all, he's my guy. He's my #1 fan and he's always in my corner. And that makes it all okay.It's time for me to have my little corner of the web. This blog is an inkling of my random thoughts, memories, worries, and joys. It's just a small part of what makes up the whole me. And it will be constantly changing because it is me...at this moment.
Monday, March 10, 2008
He's my guy...
and I'm blessed to have him in my life. Rough day at work today in several ways. I came home as "stressed as I left" according to my husband. So, what does he do to cheer me up? Takes me out to Chipotle Mexican Grill for dinner. The boys didn't want to go, we brought them take-out on our way back. He asked about my day and just listened. He encouraged me and made me feel better. He listened. He held my hand in the car all the way home. He sang along with the songs on the CD for me, including Elvis's song "Wise Men Say" (only fools fall in love). In a time when many marriages don't make it, we're still going strong after almost 20 years of marriage. Ups and downs are there, to be sure. But through it all, he's my guy. He's my #1 fan and he's always in my corner. And that makes it all okay.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I'm so glad that you have such a wonderful man. He is so thoughtful and supportive, and it must be so nice to come home to him after a stressful day, knowing what you have to look forward to. Here's hoping today at work is better for you.
Oh my goodness, that is just the sweetest post and he sounds like a wonderful husband. I love hearing about supportive spouses and committed marriages. We have one too, and it warms my heart to hear of others like us :)
Hope your day today is much better, but hope you enjoy every minute at home with your wonderful hubby after your work day is over!
The picture of Jose speaks volumes. I love it. And when I read your post it just warms my heart. You two have such a special bond. He's quite the guy ... and you're quite the woman!
You do have a wonderful husband Maria! I loved reading your post.
MARIA!!
How did I miss this post? What a wonderful post about your hubby. He sounds like a great guy.
Post a Comment