Sunday, March 23, 2008

Maria in Real Life

isn't so excited any more. My granddaughter did not come for Easter. Her mom is feeling ill and doesn't want to come. We have a very small hope that she may come for the day today but it's a slim, slim hope. Very disappointing. It's our first Easter without her. She puts the fun in it for us since our boys are all teenagers. Also, my eldest son has to work today from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Pretty much the whole time we'll be at my brother's house for Easter celebrating. That's a bummer, my "first Easter celebration without Joe" there. Did I mention my middle son, Matthew, was vomiting last night? I think he's better now, he's still sleeping soundly.

I'm starting to think planning a trip the day after Easter is not a good idea. Too much to do to get ready for that. Takes the focus off the holiness of Easter Sunday and reflecting on the Resurrection of Jesus Christ. Preparing for Sedona and writing at least two papers for my master's program is really stressing me out. I know it should not. My house looks like a mess (due to outside home improvements, reorganizing rooms inside, paperwork all over the place, etc.) inside and out. I feel scattered in my thoughts, focus, and feelings. It's not a good feeling.

So, for now, I will go work on paper #2. I was so frustrated finding resources for paper #1 yesterday that I just walked away from it after about 5 hours of work. It's waiting to be finished by 11 p.m. tonight. So on to paper #2 for a fresh start.

I keep reminding myself to pull myself out of this "funk" and focus on today's message. Redemption. A chance for me to start again, try my best, and live.

Happy Easter to you and yours...enjoy all that the day brings to you.

4 comments:

Trish said...

I'm sorry your Easter is turning out to be disappointing. Try to enjoy it as best you can. I hope Matthew is feeling better when he gets up!

Will you save a big ol' plate of food for Joe to enjoy when he gets off work?

Once the stress of getting your homework done is behind you, and you and Jose are on your way to Sedona, I hope all the stress and worries fade away and you two have a wonderful, relaxing time. You both deserve it very much! You've both been working so hard! Have a great time!

Karen said...

I'm sorry your Easter isn't turning out the way you hoped it would. Change is hard sometimes. I hope you can find some peace in your day getting the things you need to do done.
I hope you and Jose have a wonderful time in Sedona together. You both deserve it!

Cheryl said...

I'm so sorry your Easter hasn't turned out the way you hoped it would. I know you'll miss Natalie and Joe. I hope you managed to get all that homework done (yuck!) and can set off on your vacation tomorrow ready to rest and relax with your Hot Tamale.

Take care!

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

I'm sorry your Easter is not turning out like you had hoped. I hope it turned out good, though, irregardless of who was or wasn't able to join you and I hope that your upcoming trip is all you hope for, and more :)