My granddaughter is coming today for Easter weekend. I haven't seen her in about six weeks. I can't wait to see what she is talking about now and doing. She'll be 4 in July. I'm sure I'll take a few pictures of her too with my new camera.
Once granddaughter is here, we'll be heading to my sister's house tonight. We'll dye eggs with her two kids. My mother always had us dye Easter eggs the day before Easter. It's a tradition that we keep for her grandchildren. I can't imagine Easter without dyeing eggs. Just doing that together brings my mother closer to me at this time of year.
Easter will be spent with an early afternoon celebration at my brother's home nearby. My cousins will be there too. It will be great to see them, as well. I haven't seen them since January. Lots of good food and family time. An Easter egg hunt for the little ones. Making more memories, taking photos, documenting the moments and traditions.
Monday finds us on the road to Sedona, AZ. Alone together for a few days. No set schedule at all. We cannot wait!
Until then there are errands and things to do such as:
- grocery shopping
- making tortilla roll-ups and dessert for Easter
- library--more books on hold
- bank
- packing
- laundry
- two papers to write for my master's program
- cleaning up the house for my nephew's housesitting stay
- and so many other things....
I'm so excited! Did I mention that already?
No comments:
Post a Comment