Friday, March 14, 2008

Friday Evening Pleasures


include a bell pepper & onion pizza and watching August Rush (2007) with the family. The pizza is my favorite and I absolutely loved the movie. What a wonderful story. I think I want to see about getting the soundtrack too. Some incredible music in the movie. The fun evening included a generous bowl of Special Edition Thin Mint ice cream too.
Started a new book, Gossamer, by Lois Lowry. If you have not read her book, The Giver, you really should. Even though it is a book for older children, I think it is an incredible read. All but one person in our household has read it (even my husband read it). Makes for a great discussion! Check out her blog too--Lowry Updates.


This being "mindful" is a good thing. At least for this Friday night. I can worry about report cards, homework, and household responsibilities tomorrow!

2 comments:

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Sounds like a good Friday night! :)

Unknown said...

What a fun friday night! I've not seen that movie but will check it out. Ice cream is always a good idea. :-)