Friday, March 14, 2008

Anticipating and Reflecting

so much right now. Life is good. I'm anticipating one more week of work before Spring Break. Once that comes, I'm off with my husband for a weeklong trip. Our sons will be with their aunt and cousins while we are gone. My nephew will housesit for us. This trip is the longest we've been away from our sons. Up until now, we've only left them for two nights at a time. They're all teenagers so I think they will be fine!

Other things I'm anticipating in the new few weeks:

  • Starting and finishing report cards
  • Moving along in my master's program
  • Some major home improvements around here
  • More time to play and learn with my new camera
  • Seeing my granddaughter and stepdaughter for Easter
  • Family time with siblings on Easter
  • More knitting time
  • More reading time

I'm still thinking about my one word for 2008--mindful. I'm trying to be more "mindful" of how I spend my time. I spend way too much time online. Reading blogs sucks me right in and though I love them, they are not all something I need to be reading. Signing up at googlereader.com has really helped save some time. I highly recommend it if you haven't tried it. I spend about an hour online each morning before work. I get up early enough so I can have my coffee and breakfast while reading blogs, e-mail, and such. It's my quiet time. I need to rethink how I use this time and maybe cut out some online time and put some devotion time in there. I also spend an hour or more online each evening or night before bed. Time that could be spent reading or knitting. Or writing. Just thinking about these things.

Well, time to get ready for work! More later...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This was a thought-provoking post, my friend. I probably need to cut down my online time as well, and most likely will when other things demand my attention (like when spring sports start!) Thanks for recommending the google reader---it does save time, and is easy to use. I know you are looking forward to your trip with Jose--enjoy your time away!! You are definitely due for a getaway sans kids :-)